I intended today to play the old Commandos Behind the Enemy Lines once again to remind my childhood days once again and downloaded it from a torrent.
But oops! When I tried to run it on my Windows 7, it just showed up a black screen with Commandos Music sound. Nothing else!
So, I Googled for the solution and, Oh Yes! I found one and it worked for me.
So I am sharing the solution here so that it may help anyone of you facing the same problem.
The problem with the game is that its application environment is compatible to run with older versions of Windows. i.e. Windows XP / Windows 98 / Windows Me.
So, the solution is to run the game with compatibility mode to make it able to run in Windows 7.
Follow the steps given below.
- Go to the installed location of Commandos Behind the Enemy Lines
- Right click on the “Commandos.exe”
- Click on “Properties” Click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box
- Select “Windows 98 / Windows Me” from the list Click on “OK”
Now play the game by double clicking on Commandos.exe. Now, it should work for you.
I hope you will enjoy the game.
Thanks for Your Visit.
Latest posts by Bilal Shafi (see all)
- In Pakistan, Lahorites Shop Online the Most, Karachiites Rank Second - January 25, 2016
- Kaymu.pk to Offer Discount Shopping Deals Every Weekend - January 20, 2016
- Rules for success in startup tech businesses - October 2, 2015