Ubuntu Manual is a downloadable PDF tutorial designed to get started with Ubuntu Linux operating system. Get your free copy now.
Ubuntu is most famous free operating system based on Linux. For more information click here.
Ubuntu Manual Project is a free project started to design the most comprehensive guide for new as well as existing Ubuntu users. It is very useful for those who already have some experience in computing with some other operating system such as Windows and Mac OS. However, the guide says that it will be easier to understand for Mac users as compared to Windows users, as Mac and Ubuntu have the same origin, the UNIX operating system.
Ubuntu Manual starts with very basic introduction of Ubuntu and the project description. The whole process of installation is covered along with useful instructions and system requirements. Useful links to Internet are provided in the document where needed. This collaboration makes this guide beyond the usual help books.
This Manual is focused on Ubuntu Desktop. After reading this guide you will be able to:
- Understand Ubuntu background.
- How to install Ubuntu OS.
- Better understanding of hardware configuration.
- How to install software, either automatically or using advanced methods.
- Troubleshooting for most common problem.
- Advanced topics are covered as well for those who want to dive deep in Ubuntu. And of course much more.
Ubuntu Manual is available both in printed and online PDF book form. If you want a hard copy printed guide book, you can go to Ubuntu Manual official website from this link and purchase the book. The book is free, however, the price is charged for the cost and effort put to bring printed hard copy to you.
But here is a free option for you if you feel it comfortable to read on your computer/device screen. You can download Ubuntu Manual PDF format from the link below. Current version is 2nd edition for Ubuntu 14.04.
Latest posts by Muhammad Rizwan (see all)
- Set and Change Colors of Inactive Title bar in Windows 10 - December 7, 2015
- How to Modify Date Format in Windows 10 - December 3, 2015
- How to Get Desktop Gadgets for Windows 10? - November 1, 2015