Directly login to Windows 10, 8 or Win7 without entering user password by disabling login screen. For users who don’t like typing their account password repeatedly.
Your Windows PC with Windows 10 or Windows 8, requires login password. Though an account with local user account can be created but a Microsoft account is recommended. This account is same for your Live account including Outlook, OneDrive, Office online, Windows Store apps and other Microsoft services.
You have to sign in to the account on every login. You’ll face this screen whenever you come back to your PC after shutdown, restart, log-off or lock screen. It prevents everyone except you to access your computer without your permission.
Although it’s a strong security layer to safeguard user account, but some users feel annoyed with having to type their login credentials repeatedly. If you are the only person using your PC in your workplace or have to login repeatedly to your computer, you might have same feelings.
How to disable login screen in Windows
- Open Run dialog by pressing Win+R keys together or use search box to find it.
- Type netplwiz and press Enter.
- User Accounts dialog box will be opened. Select your account name if you have multiple user accounts.
- Uncheck ‘Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer’ box.
- Click Apply or OK button to save changes.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the password to confirm changes. Enter your password and hit OK button.
Restart the computer. The Windows login screen is disabled. You’ll directly login to your account without entering password.
Though this direct approach is an easy way to bypass login screen and you don’t have to enter the password, but remember that you are putting your account and data at a risk. So consider following points before relying on direct logging in to your Windows account:
- You are the only person in your work place or only trusted people have access to the computer.
- You don’t have private information or data in your system.
- That’s a shared or family PC.
Put safety first before you apply risky tweaks.Never let convenience take over privacy and security.