Windows 10 build 10061 has a new People app that does not work, but you can make it working by editing a editing a file.
Windows 10 latest build is another fresh release for Insiders Program by Microsoft. A lot of bugs have been fixed and some apps are found working that were not functioning well in previous builds. However, some new apps are still found not working in some versions. People app in Windows 10 is one of such apps.
If you run the People app, it will not work and crashes almost at every attempt. The people who are curious to test what’s new in Windows 10 build 10061 or if they make use of the People app will surely be disappointed. But no need to worry anymore, there is a simple solution that will make Windows 10 build 10061 People app working for you.
How to make People app working in Windows 10 build 10061
By editing a file, you can make this app working without crashes. Are you afraid of editing files? Yes? No? May be? Okay, don’t panic, be relax and just follow the following simple steps:
- Open People app and then close it.
- Open File Explorer. Make sure you have set hidden files to be shown from Folder Options.
- Type (you can copy and paste) the following address in File Explorer address bar:
- Hit Enter key and you will be taken to a new location in File Explorer.
- Now locate and open contacts.txt file with Notepad or any text editor of your choice.
- Remove all text except the first line and the END_OF_FILE. It should look like the following:
- Save the file and close it.
Open the People app. It will be launched.
Congrats! Now you can explore the new People app in Windows 10 build 10061.
Just like most of other apps, the People app is also still under development and it could have expected and unexpected bugs. You are recommended to use it only for test purpose as it’s not suitable for regular use.