Recently, WhatsApp for Desktop has rolled out to compete Viber’s desktop client for Windows and Mac. Although, not exactly having the same features, but it has made it possible to access WhatsApp for PC officially.
There was a lot of demand from desktop users for this feature that could enable desktop users to access WhatsApp right from their computers (desktop, laptops etc.). A lot of tips and tricks were introduced and gone viral on the Internet, including emulators such as BlueStacks, Genymotion, Windroy etc. But now, you can run WhatsApp on PC without BlueStacks or any third party application.
Now, WhatsApp has officially launched a web based desktop version (not a solid application) that enables users to enjoy conversation on their desktop devices. So now its absolutely a few steps away to use Whats app on PC without bluestacks or any other hassle.
Though, this feature is passing through its initial public release stages yet it practically works. Don’t worry about security issues, it’s totally official release.
Let’s see How to start your first conversation from desktop in this easy and step by step guide:
Steps to Access WhatsApp Account from Desktop PC
Before you start, make sure you have met the following requirements:
Make sure you have:
- Desktop device (laptop or desktop computer)
- Google Chrome browser on your PC. The latest version is recommended.
- Mobile device (Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry or Nokia S60. iOS not supported).
- The latest version of WhatsApp app installed on your mobile device.
- You must be signed in to your WhatsApp mobile account.
- Internet Connection.
Once you’ve met all above requirements, it’s time to get started. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Go to the following web address:
- A pattern will be displayed on the web page. This is the QR code. Pick your mobile device and open WhatsApp application.
4. Tap the more button. Select “WhatsApp Web” option.
5. Now scan the QR code on your desktop from your mobile phone.
Once the code is scanned successfully, you’ll be signed in on your desktop services. All your phone conversation and other services will be synchronized to the browser.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the app.Now you can use WhatsApp on PC desktop and on your smartphone at the same time.